Legacy gifts and estate gifts to Urban Bird Foundation made through your will or trust is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can make a lasting impact for burrowing owls and other native birds.
Benefits of Giving Through Your Estate Plans:
- Preserve your values. Your will or trust allows you to carry on a legacy that reflects the burrowing owl, shorebird and wildlife conservation values you hold most dear.
- Keep control of your assets during your lifetime. You have the flexibility of modifying your bequest if your circumstances ever change.
- Take advantage of tax laws that help preserve your estate assets. A properly prepared plan can result in your estate paying less tax and allowing you to leave more money for your beneficiaries.
Ways to Give Through Your Estate Plan
It’s very easy to name Urban Bird Foundation as a beneficiary of your will – whether that is specific assets, a portion of your estate, or even your residual estate. The following are simple, tax-efficient ways to make bequests, legacy gifts and estate gifts while retaining flexibility to modify your estate should your circumstances change:
- Retirement Plan [e.g. 401(k), 403(b), or IRA]
- Life Insurance Policy
- Financial Accounts [e.g. Brokerage Account, Bank Account, or Certificate of Deposit (CED)]
Sample Bequest Language You Can Use Today
If you wish to name Urban Bird Foundation in your will or estate plan, you or your attorney can use the following sample bequest language:
I give, devise and bequeath to Urban Bird Foundation (Tax Identification Number 83-0675132), located in American Canyon, California, the sum of _________________dollars ($_____) [Or state a percentage of your estate or describe real or personal property, including exact location] for the benefit of its general purposes [or specify an Urban Bird Foundation program you wish to support such as burrowing owls, shorebirds, or bird rescues, etc.].
Urban Bird Foundation should be named as:
Urban Bird Foundation, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization with tax identification number 83-0675132, organized and existing under the laws of California, with principal business address of 101 W. American Canyon Road #508-201, American Canyon, CA 94503.
Help us Plan for Owl and Bird Conservation
If you have already included a legacy gift for Urban Bird Foundation in your plans, we want to thank you! We would love to hear from you and we honor all requests for anonymity.
Urban Bird Foundation recommends you consult with a professional advisor on these matters.